24.1.11

RULES...

....of thirds that is.
 In photography and even painting we're taught the human
eye automatically seeks out a focal point
and we feel more comfortable when that point falls within the rule of thirds.
 So if you had to divide this photo into three equal parts horizontally and vertically,
where the lines cross is where we should place our focal point.
 This rule is made to be broken sometimes as art is subjective...
 and because I like this photo even though it wasn't composed well.
 There is too much space behind the subjects
and I feel the composition would've been stronger if I'd placed them to the left of the frame ...
.but I loved the colours
 and the ripples
 which would've been
cut off
 had
 I
 done
 that.
x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...