31.1.11

DAY DREAMER

 
 
My children run and hide when I bring my camera out
 ( for that matter so does our dog).....
which unfortunately for them is just about always.
 I have to practice daily after all and who better to practice on than my in house models,
both furry and feisty.
 I'm sure most photographers children develop this very annoying instinct
 and bribery works sometimes
 still but my kids are very
 switched on to my desperation
 and have learnt to work me. Oi. It's now
 "Only if you drive me here"
or
 "Only if so and so can come for a sleep over."
 Mmmm,
 it's not as simple as offering a lolly anymore,
so I have had to resort to sneakiness,
stealth and speed. 
Maybe it's not playing fair but I've managed
to get some off guard photos. Ones where their attention is
 caught elsewhere and by the time they've realised my camera is out...
well, it's too late for them to react.
The shot has been taken.
Done and dusted! 
The unfortunate side effect of my sneakiness though
 seems to be constant distrust from my kids (and our dog)..
mmm...
maybe I should think of a smarter plan.
 

This photo was taken when my youngest was cooling herself from the 40 degree C heat by our back door. Her mind was miles away and she only half registered my intrusion.
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...