23.9.11

A GIRL AND A CAT




These two have such a strong bond.
 It's so strong that her cat is more like a dog with how
 she responds to a call or a pat on the bed. Miss J picked her out
 over seven years ago, she was the little runt
of the litter of course,
 and they have been best friends ever since.
This bond has its concerns.
 Her cat has heart problems and has a low life expectancy so
 you can understand how dreadfully heart broken Miss J
will be when the time comes. We have tried from the beginning to teach her that
animals are not like humans and have taken her with to vet visits
 to hear the vet talk about it but I can see the defiant denial in her eyes.
 She is willing her precious friend to live forever.
 So we wait and she simply enjoys their time together as she should.....


I saw them lazing in Miss J's bedroom
in the sunshine
 and I have very few photos
 of them
 together so I grabbed my camera,
threw a throw over her bright flowery duvet cover so
 the focus would be on them and proceeded to catch moments.
 These are not thought out images or correctly posed either,
they are just moments telling a brief story
 of a girl and her cat lazing on
 her bed in
 the
warmth of the sun.

♥


















And they were on the move,
out the door, dress thrown on the bed,
 I suppose because there was no more room
 left on the messy floor.
 This is why I love photography.
These moments have to be captured and treasured.
 That IS what it's all about.
 So clichéd.
 So true.
 


Yes girls will be girls.....
I cannot begin to describe the tornado of mess my two leave behind them....
They are both old enough to clean up their own mess so my job is to just nag them...
and take a photo
of course.
x
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...